Friday, 30 December 2011

Djokovic Downs Federer in Dubai

Novak Djokovic defeated Roger Federer in the Mubadala Tennis Championships 6-2 6-1 in an amazing 44 minutes and is set to face Ferrer, who defeated Rafael Nadal earlier today. Ecstatic with his victory, the Serb said "that was definitely an incredible performance... I will get a lot of confidence if I continue playing like that". Nole also gave his fans confidence that he is raring to get off to a great start in the coming year. David Ferrer was also pleased with his own performance, but has some reservations for his showdown against Novak, and suitably so: "I played very consistent and was happy with my match... It will be very difficult against Novak because he is No. 1 in the world. But I will do my best to make it a good match against him".

2 comments :

  1. Ugh, I missed this one! Looks like it wasn't even close. Could be another huge year for Djokovic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so, first job for him is to defend his AO title :D

    ReplyDelete