Friday, 6 January 2012

Djokovic to Defend in Aussie on a High

On the last day of 2011, the world no1 tennis player won the Mubadala World Tennis Championship exhibition in Abu Dhabi and sealed a $250,000 winning prize. He said, after defeated David Ferrer in the final 6-2 6-1 "I must say I'm really happy with the way I'm playing... Playing against the top players in the world in this way gives me a lot of confidence. Usually at this stage, you are trying to find your speed on the court, agility, just dynamics of every stroke, but I found it already, to be honest, right away after the first match". After his win in the exo 'Mubadala' last week, Novak Djokovic was more than happy to return to Melbourne, Australia, to warm up before his mission to defend his title commences. The Australian Open does not start until the 16th of this month, but the Serb was eager to come back to the place which has won him two grand slam titles, and he kissed the blue court as a loving gesture. He said "I think the crucial couple of weeks is now, for me to prepare for Australia. We’ll see. It’s a long year and a difficult task, but I’m looking forward to it".

No comments :

Post a Comment