Thursday, 19 January 2012

Nole Does the 2nd Round in Straights- AO

Novak Djokovic defeated Santiago Giraldo a few hours ago in straight sets 6-3, 6-2, 6-1, to secure his place into the next round of the Australian Open. The Serb was initially tested in the first set when Giraldo broke, but he put an end to that quickly. Later, he said "To be honest, I’ve had lots of situations where I was break down in my career, so I guess that doesn’t affect me, especially early in the first set. I knew that I will start hitting the ball better. If we get to play on the center court or any of the bigger courts, I will try to use my experience playing on those courts,” said Djokovic. “I think the surface here is a bit slower and bounce is a little bit higher, so maybe it's more suitable to my style of the game". Nole currently has a 27-5 win-loss record in Melbourne, Australia, so we have no doubt that this will become 28-5 in the next round, although he is not about to underestimate his opponent; he is set to face Nicolas Mahut of France.

No comments :

Post a Comment