Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Djokovic Down to Business in Dubai

Novak Djokovic made it through to the second round of the Dubai Tennis Championships yesterday, after defeating Stebe 6-4 6-2, accomplished in a mere 88 minutes. The defending champion said after the match "He [Stebe] definitely played well, I was impressed with his game, especially in the first set. It could have gone a different way really, because he was returning well. He went on the court wanting to win, and that's the right attitude, I think. I was really happy throughout the whole match the way I played. I really didn't have many downs in the game. He made me play it. He gave me good rhythm and went for his shots and made a lot of winners. Credit to him. I'm happy with the first match after four weeks definitely". After winning this tournament 3 times in the past, we have no doubt that he will be able to snag the title for the 4th time, despite notable players such as Roger Federer taking part.

No comments :

Post a Comment