Monday, 20 February 2012

Novak Djokovic Awarded Top State Honour

Our favourite tennis player, Novak Djokovic, gained prestigious recognition when awarded with Serbia's top state honour, the 'Order of the Karadjordje's Star of the 1st degree', in Serbia a few days ago. Additionally, he has been announced as the best ambassador for Serbia worldwide. These achievements prompted him to say "I may have dreamed of lifting the trophy at Wimbledon, but I could never have thought that my country would reward me with such great honour. I am indebted to my people, and I will do my best to continue representing our beautiful country in the best possible way". Also in recent news, the Serbian tennis star admitted that he's finding it difficult to keep his feet on the ground despite his fame and glory, but assured us that he's trying his level best, which is more than you can ask for. He will take part in the Dubai Tennis Championships very soon, where he is set to defend his title.

No comments :

Post a Comment