Monday, 13 August 2012

Djokovic Wins Rogers Cup, Now for Cincinnati

Novak Djokovic defended his title and defeated Richard Gasquet to obtain his 3rd win of the Rogers Cup. It took a mere 61 minutes and two easy sets (6-3 6-2) for the Serb to see off the Frenchman and clutch the glass trophy amidst an electric ceremony. This victory was one much needed by Novak, whose performance had noticeably slipped since Wimbledon this year. Word is is that Novak is experiencing some 'personal problems' which have been profound enough to hinder his performance. The world no2 said: "The losses I had in the Olympic Games gave me even more desire to come here and perform my best and try to win a title. I am very happy to be in this position. I truly did not expect to win this tournament after the emotional losses in the Olympics. I really took it hard and tried to bounce back and recover. And I’ve done great, I have to say". Djokovic has a bye for the first round in the subsequent tournament in Cincinnati, and will play Seppi in the second round.

No comments :

Post a Comment